Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Week 27 in Japan: Chinese cooking, Going Away Party, and Sushi

Had a cool past week in Japan. On Monday the 24th of March I had dinner with 4 Chinese international students Hakusetuhi, Kankyoku, Won, and Chouukin. Also there was another guy from America there named Thomas. Thomas' mom is a teacher in Japan so he's here visiting her for a little while. We made lots of different Chinese food together. We met at 3 to buy groceries for cooking and didn't end up eating until after 7 so it was a lot of cooking. The main thing we made was chinese dumplings which were super good and fun to make too. I wish I had a picture of the food! Maybe I'll get one from somebody who was there eventually and post it in the future. On Tuesday I went to a going away party/birthday party for some friends. One friend Rahul from India went to Tokyo for a research job he got with the company Hitachi. Another guy named David was going back to Canada after teaching in Japan for about a year. Lastly it was my friend Mikan's birthday. On Wednesday the weather was really nice so I went out to take a walk. Just a short ways from the apartment I ran into my friend Shukutei who is from China. We hadn't talked for a while and she said she was going to a big electronics store to look at buying a computer. She then invited me to come along mainly just for fun but she also wanted my advice because she thinks I know a lot about computers. A handful of people think I'm a computer wiz because I fixed a friends computer once a while back. Anyways it was the first time for me to go for a bike ride since winter so that was great. Lots of people bike all through winter and snow but I gave mine a rest. Then came Thursday. First I had football practice from 9am - 1:30 which kinda tired me out but still much was to come. I went to a sushi shop with Rahul, Mikan, Irina who is a student from Romania, and Max who teaches English and is from London. Then we went and watched Rahul play in a pool tournament and played pool ourselves too. A friend named Silard also from Romania joined us at this point. We finished the night by going to a bar called Blues Power House. The bar was super small but really cool. The owner is a really interesting funny older guy who loves music like Bob Dylan and anything blues. He also takes music requests and if it's music from before 2000 he probably has it and maybe even non vinyl. The bar is only big enough for about 8 or 9 people total to sit down and no room for standing either. Anyways it was a fun night to say goodbye to Rahul one last time. Friday I did some shopping for some spring/summer clothes. Then Saturday and Sunday I had football practice. Also Saturday night I got together with my friends Alexander and Sebastien who are from Russia and Romania. They both had been gone for basically the entire spring break so it was fun for us three to finally hangout again.
       That was week 27 everybody! It was a fun week but nothing sooo interesting to blog about :/. Also I'm going to stop going to events and just asking people to send me pictures later because I found they usually don't. Also my phone is temporarily out of comission so maybe not many pictures next week either, I don't know! Anyways thanks for reading.

 Here is a picture of Rahul and I. There are better pictures of us but this is probably the best I have.


 Heres a picture of a few of the football guys in the weight room after practice.

 Usually the only time I take a picture of food is if people take out their phones to take picutres so I feel I might as well. This was a nice spread of sushi. Also that's Max on the left and Mikan on the right.

 Here is the Blues Power House Bar. The bartender climbs over the counter if he has to get out.

 Also I checked out Sega World on Friday.






1 comment:

  1. Yes! Sega World! How was it? Today, Sonic CD is the free app of the day on the amazon app store.

    ReplyDelete