Sunday, May 4, 2014

Week 31 in Japan: Hanami and a movie trailer festival

This past week has been really spectacular especially because I got to experience hanami which means flower viewing for the first time. Hanami is a big part of Japanese culture so it was fun to do it. Before I get to the cherry blossom tree viewing I want to mention what I did on Wednesday. Wednesday I went with Gal, Alina, and Yasuko, who are friends from my part time job to go to a movie trailer festival. Esentially it was at a cool bar and at the place they had a projector set up and they played movie trailers. Just 4 trailers were played and there was somebody who talked about the movie and kinda gave an in depth movie review of it. The movies were Inception, Zoolander, The Return of the Living Dead, Kids, and an old Japanese film that I can't remember the name of. I didn't understand a lot of what they were talking about with the movie reviews but I understood some so it was pretty enjoyable. Plus after they were done there was a couple guys who had a little concert that was pretty fun to watch. It was interesting because the people at the event were all super artsy people. An artistic group of Japanese from the Akita City area I guess.
      On Sunday I had football practice from nine AM til about one thirty. After that I met up with the football team again at 230 and we went to senshyu park to have a big picnic party. Lots of drinks and snacks and fun. Also the positions of the 1st year students were announced. Lots and lots of Japanese people go out to the park with a big tarp, bring food and drinks, and just hangout and enjoy the beautiful trees. It's really something that almost everybody does at least once while the Cherry Blossom trees are blooming. Overall it was a great time. I think we were in the park from about 3pm - 9pm. At night there are a lights so you can still view the sakura trees which is called Yozakura. I took a couple videos during some of the fun on Sunday so I'll cut my expanation short and you can check out the video if you are interested.
     Thanks for reading again this week. I'll post 2 videos this week. One of the videos has captions that I added so be sure to turn them on! Bye!
   
 Hana, Me, Natsuki, and Mari, 3 of the new managers of the football team. This was Sunday night.


 Found this picture from the Movie Trailer Festival on Facebook.

 Picture from Sunday night. So much Pink!


 This is a message for you guys from my friends. Also it has captions you should turn on. They took so long to add (-_-)

 This one doesn't have any captions because they take too long to add, but it's still interesting. The conversation was mainly about eating goldfish. Which Japanese don't do but I was saying I wanted to try it because there was a place you could get some at the festival.

1 comment:

  1. "...I'm...cherry boy too!" Haha! Look like so much fun!

    Also, random fact: The film 'Frozen' held first place in Japan for the ninth-straight weekend. It is a huge hit there!

    ReplyDelete