Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Week 32 in Japan: Japanese Magician, and Let it Go

      On Tuesday the 29th of April we had class off so lots of people went to enjoy viewing the Cherry Blossom trees one last time, including me. The two clubs i'm in Borderless which is an international club that doesn't really do much of anything usually had a meeting in Senshyu park for hanami. So I started out with the Borderless club and we ate and drank starting at about 12. I ended up leaving that group a little early and at around 4 o clock I joined up with my football team that was once again going to enjoy the Cherry Blossoms and drink together. Since there were lots of people there I actually ran into some other friends later in the night on Tuesday. Shuto, Yuta, Daichi, and Ryouta. Those guys are fun to hang around cause they are sometimes a little crazy. We were doing some sumo matches and climbing trees haha. One last thing about Tuesday that was cool was that there was a magician in the park who I watched. He travels around in the spring time following the blooming of the sakura trees and does his magic shows in places where people view hanami like Senshyu park. So he started in south Japan maybe a month or two ago and he finally made it to Akita. He also said it was his first time ever doing a magic show in Akita. Wednesday I woke up at 6:00am which is of course unusually early for me so I decided to go for a bike ride to McDonalds. I had class at 10:30am and needed to study for a Kanji test so I brought along my stuff and studied at McDonalds. I actually ordered food, ate, and then studied for about an hour. Then because I don't get to eat McDonalds breakfast very often I ordered another meal (a number 8 this time I think) and ate again. I then proceeded to explore around the city on my bike because the weather was great and I was feeling energetic.
      On Friday night I went out with some friends. Lately how it has gone is that me and my friend Sasha who is from Russia go to the dormitories and rally as many people as we can to go hangout or go on some kind of andventure. Friday night we played pool and later on when everybody else disbanded Sasha and I went to Omachi which is the most lively part of town with bars, restaurants, etc open throughout the night. The night we went we were surprised to see lots of police cars. I think I counted a total of eight. It seemed to be that somebody got into a fight or something. We actually saw somebody with blood running down his head in more than one spot. Of course it's not fun to see that somebody got hurt but it was a bit of excitement. We didn't end up drinking more in Omachi because the bars are expensive there and we thought ramen was a better choice :).
      The next day which was the 3rd I had a football game. This time I ended up playing kick offs, and quite a bit as running back. I had a couple good runs and it was a lot of fun but our team lost 0-7. Later that night I went with Sasha and 4 Mongolians; Maral, Temuleen, Dugmur, and Nayaka to karaoke. I think the favorite song for people to sing was the song "Let it Go" from the Disney movie Frozen. I hear that song fairly often so although I've never seen the movie I know it pretty well. That movie is sooo popular in Japan that it is STILL in the movie theatres. Let it go is definitely a song you'll here if somebody is just acting funny or is drunk haha. Then if I join in and they are Japanese friends they are a lot of times aww'd by my pronounciation haha. On Sunday I had football practice at 9am that lasted until around 3pm. It was extra long because we watched all the game footage.
       That's all for this week, thanks for reading~!

 More and more people came throught the performance. Look at how pretty everything is though :).






1 comment:

  1. 'Frozen' made it to no. 1 in Japan for the 10th weekend in a row!

    ReplyDelete